The AIS summer Camp 2016 provided lots of opportunities of fun, discovery, friendships and lifelong memories to its participants. The camp which was held from 18 th July 2016 – 5 th August 2016, grouped children (4-14 years) by age, thereby providing age-appropriate activities and teaching styles.
This year’s summer camp was themed ‘Be like Muhammad (S.A.W)’ with the objective of inculcating in the children love for our Prophet Muhammad (S.A.W), to take pride in making his Sunnah our lifestyle, become confident in following his path and have him as our hero whom we emulate in every aspect of our lives.
Using a thematic approach while designing the summer camp helped to make it more productive, engaging, organized, focused and disciplined yet not compromising on the fun part of it.
The highlights of the summer camp featured:
– Story telling from the book ‘The Sealed Nector’ to acquaint with the life of the beloved Prophet (S.A.W) (seerah).
– Children were inspired by Daily Sunnahs and personality traits of the Prophet Muhammad (S.A.W).
– Selected ahadith were shared from the book ‘Qala Rasulullah (S.A.W)’.
– Children were engaged in different physical activities such as Swimming, Taekwondo, Archery and other games encouraged in the Sunnah.
– The lives of the sahaba were discussed under the title ‘Allah’s friends’.
– Seminars and workshops were held on the topics of ‘Taharah’, ‘The significance of Durood sharif’ and ‘The rights of parents’.
Girls thoroughly enjoyed sunnah foods in the ‘Culinary creations’ class as well as jewelry making while boys were thrilled in the various sports activities.
Alhamdulillah the summer camp helped children emulate Prophet Muhammad (S.A.W) and helped make the summer productive. May Allah (S.W.T) guide our children to the right path, set right their role models and make them a sadqai jariya for us. Ameen!