Opening the Treasure Chest: The AIS Summer Camp
Alhuda International School is striving for achieveing the vision: “Qur’an for all- in every hand, in every heart”. Keeping this vision in mind, the AIS team always endeavours for the best. An example of this is the AIS Summer Camp 2015 which was designed especially with a motive to utilize the summer vacations in the most productive manner where the learning process goes hand in hand with hands on fun activities.
Alhuda International School’s Summer Camp Course was not only designed to facilitate AIS students, rather, it was bubbling with a large number of students from different schools and backgrounds and even from different countries of the world Alhamdulillah.
The camp bagan its journey on 22nd June and culminated on the 10th of July 2015. This time, the entire camp was conducted in Ramadan. The special feature of this camp was Iftar Distribution.Students of the summer camp went to distribute iftar packs in a slum area in Islamabad. . The young activists packed the gifts with great affection and love, demonstrating the mercy which Islam seeks to inculcate in the human race.
The students were divided into groups according to their age appropriate levels, to allow more teacher attention so as to facilitate superior learning standards. Enthusiastic teachers were especially trained to facilitate the needs of students.
The Camp sought to pay attention to the following areas:
- Role Models: The traits and leadership qualities of Prophet Muhammad (sallallahu ‘alaihi wasallam) and his blessed companions were taught in order to provide students with exceptional role models.
- Quran Explorers: Tajweed Rules and memorization of specific surahs was a part of the camp to inculcate love and respect towards learning the Qur’an.
- Muslim explorers: Allah invites Muslims to reflect upon natural pheneomon. Keeping this in mind, this subject was designed so as to train and facilitate students to ponder upon the wisdom behind the big an dsmall wonders in nature.
- Seminars: The “Taharah seminar”, was organized to enhance the concept of cleanliness as part of faith. The “First Aid Seminar” was conducted by a doctor to teach students to overcome emergency situations and to provide help.
- Communication Skills Development was aimed at producing confident members of the society.
- Robotics was facilitated and directed the inquirer in the children.
- Kitchen corner, weaving, candle making and jewelry making were taught to girls between the ages of 10-14, so as to facilitate them in contributing to their homes and society.The best artwork was also exhibited.
- The physical needs of students were catered in the form of Sports and Taekwondo classes. Healthy competitions were arranged to inculcate sportsman spirit and positivity in their personalities.
- Last but not least, the essence of all these activities was developing a sound character. Alhamdulillah, Allah (SWT) helped us in achieving the goal with flying colours.